As promised, we are back with an all-new Paella of the month! Try something different this Christmas and cook a Lamb Paella or Paella de Cordero and enjoy it with your loved ones. A combination of Cordero Asado (roast lamb), one of the Spanish Christmas classics, and Paella, our specialty and the best Spanish dish for family and friends reunions. Check out our 90 Second Paella de Cordero video, and bring some Spanish tradition into your home this holiday season.
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 3 oz short ribs
- 1/2 cup mushroom sofrito
- 1/2 cup tomato sofrito
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 pieces lamb chops
- 4 pieces green asparagus
- 1 teaspoon Truffle oil
- Saffron aioli to taste
- Place the paella pan on the fire and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook the short ribs for 5 minutes until it has browned.
- Mix in the mushroom sofrito, tomato sofrito, short-grain rice, and chicken broth and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add in the chicken broth, mix to combine and let it rest at medium heat.
- Once it begins to boil and the rice starts to cook transfer it to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF.
- Once the paella is in the oven grill the lamb chops on each side for 4-5 minutes and top with salt.
- Chop the asparagus and sauté it with light oil and salt to taste.
- After 10-12 minutes have passed remove the paella from the oven, top with cooked lamb chops, asparagus, saffron aioli to taste and a teaspoon of truffle oil.
Visit Socarrat’s Youtube Channel to find more of our 90-second paella videos!
Try it at Socarrat!
Are you ready to have a different Christmas celebration? Join us at Socarrat to celebrate it the Spanish way and enjoy a special a la carte menu featuring Spanish Holiday classics!