Do you want to try something different for Thanksgiving Day? Celebrate it the Spanish way cooking a Turkey Paella or Paella de Pavo and gathering around with your family and friends. A combination of two cultures on a Holiday is something we like to do at Socarrat Paella Bar, therefore we have created this turkey paella recipe so we can bring a little bit of Spain to the US traditions. Give it a try with this recipe and make something different this year!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup turkey bits
- 2 oz dates
- 2 cups stir-fried mushrooms
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 slices of turkey breast
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1 oz raisins sultanas
- 1 oz dry cranberries
- 1 oz fried almonds
- 1 oz pine nuts
- 1 oz pumpkin seeds
- 1 oz gravy
- Cook the turkey slices in the oven until the cooking valve pops up, indicating the bird is fully cooked and reserve them to add them later to the paella.
- Bone the rest of the meat to incorporate the turkey bits inside the paella.
- Sautée the Brussels sprouts in a pan until cooked.
- Roast the pine nuts and pumpkin seeds in the oven or a pan until they are golden brown.
- Place the paella pan on the fire like any other one, and heat the olive oil.
- Stir in the turkey bits, the dates, the stir-fried mushrooms, and the rice, making a bit of frying for a few minutes, before soaking it with the broth.
- Splash in the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bake the paella in the oven at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked turkey breast slices and finish cooking the paella in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Once it’s ready we will put the final touch, adding the cooked Brussels Sprouts, raisins, dry cranberries, roasted almonds and pine nuts, and the pumpkin seeds.
- Add the gravy on top of the turkey breast.
- Get ready to dig in!
Visit Socarrat’s Youtube Channel to find more of our 90-second paella videos!
Come eat it up with us!
If you feel like celebrating Thanksgiving Day in a restaurant come eat our Thanksgiving Paella de Pavo in any of our three locations. We will also have three special tapas and a special dessert for the occasion, only available on November 28th. Come enjoy a Spanish Thanksgiving feast with us!
See our exclusive Thanksgiving menu items and don’t forget to make your reservation, we’ll fill up quickly.