Looking for a special recipe for your Valentine’s Day date? This time we bring you a Duck Paella or Paella de Pato as the new Paella of the Month, perfect to share on this lovely day. Check out our 90-second Paella de Pato video and celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Spanish touch this year!
Here is our recipe for the perfect lovers’ paella for 2.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 oz duck legs
- 1 cup tomato sofrito
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 32 oz / 1 quart of chicken broth
- Half breast duck
- 2 oz oyster mushrooms
- 2 oz green asparagus
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Place the paella pan on the fire and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sautée the duck legs until it has slightly browned.
- Add the tomato sofrito and the short-grain rice, and mix to combine.
- Mix in the chicken broth and let it simmer for 5 minutes until the rice starts to cook.
- Then transfer the pan to the oven and bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- While the paella bakes grill the duck breast on each side for 5 minutes, then transfer to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paella from the oven and top with mushrooms and asparagus and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once it is out the oven glaze with truffle oil.
- Slice the duck breast and use them to top the paella.
- Salt to taste.
Visit Socarrat’s Youtube Channel to watch more of our 90-second paella videos!
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with us!
If you don’t feel like cooking at home for Valentine’s Day come join us at Socarrat Paella Bar to try this exclusive Paella de Pato as part of our special 3-course dinner menu featuring a choice of one tapa, one main dish and one dessert for $65/person.