Brunch season is upon us and we couldn’t be more excited to share our famous Bacon, Egg & Cheese Paella Recipe as the new Paella of the Month! Everyone knows bacon, egg, & cheese is a New York staple, and this paella definitely lives up to its name. Our 90-Second Paella video will show you how to whip up this tasty paella for the perfect stay-at-home brunch with your friends!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup tomato sofrito
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 32 oz / 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs Bacon strips Chopped scallions
- Place the paella pan on the fire and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry bacon bits in olive oil until it has slightly browned.
- Add the tomato sofrito and mix to combine.
- Mix in the short-grain rice.
- Pour in the chicken broth and mix.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes until the rice starts to cook.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the paella and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Crack 4 eggs directly onto the paella and bake again at 350ºF for 5-7 minutes.
- Top the paella with as many bacon bits and scallions as you want. You deserve it!
Visit Socarrat’s Youtube Channel to watch more of our paella videos!
Join us for Brunch!
Are you ready to have a different brunch experience? Join us any weekend at Socarrat Paella Bar to try this exclusive Bacon, Egg & Cheese Paella, a fusion of the American typical breakfast in the shape of Spanish paella.
Make your reservation at any of our three locations!