Brunch season is upon us and we couldn’t be more excited to share our famous Bacon, Egg & Cheese Paella Recipe as the new Paella of the Month! Everyone knows bacon, egg, & cheese is a New York staple, and this paella definitely lives up to its name. Our 90-Second Paella video will show you how to whip up this tasty paella for the perfect stay-at-home brunch with your friends!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup tomato sofrito
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 32 oz / 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs Bacon strips Chopped scallions
- Place the paella pan on the fire and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry bacon bits in olive oil until it has slightly browned.
- Add the tomato sofrito and mix to combine.
- Mix in the short-grain rice.
- Pour in the chicken broth and mix.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes until the rice starts to cook.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the paella and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Crack 4 eggs directly onto the paella and bake again at 350ºF for 5-7 minutes.
- Top the paella with as many bacon bits and scallions as you want. You deserve it!
Visit Socarrat’s Youtube Channel to watch more of our 90-second paella videos!
Join us for Brunch!
Are you ready to have a different brunch experience? Join us any weekend at Socarrat Paella Bar to try this exclusive Bacon, Egg & Cheese Paella, a fusion of the American typical breakfast in the shape of Spanish paella.
Make your reservation at any of our three locations!