Paella is Spain’s most well-known rice dish and national dish. It is delectable and adaptable and may be the main dish, side dish, or complete dinner. Because it contains a lot of vegetables and protein, it’s also one of the healthiest dishes on the menu. It is a fantastic way to consume your recommended daily protein and vegetables without consuming too much fat or calories.
It’s difficult to look at this fantastic dish’s large pan without getting hungry immediately! This is what deliciousness looks like: the warm, orangey-gold glow of the rice, the strips of leafy veggies, and the succulent prawns or chicken.
A broad, shallow dish with sloping sides is traditionally used to prepare paella. Its typical diameter is 13 inches (33 centimeters).
How to Make Paella Ingredients
Depending on the paella you’re making, you’ll need to find and utilize specific ingredients. The traditional Valencian version uses local ingredients, but the seafood-heavy variants popular with tourists in Spain include shrimp, calamari, mussels, and other shellfish. Fresh vegetables also make up fantastic vegetarian paella dishes.
A few things remain the same regardless of what kind of paella you prepare. A simple paella recipe includes the following ingredients:
Fish broth 16oz
Olive oil 2tbsp
Shrimp small 8pc
Pepper and salt as desired.
You need: A 15-inch cast-iron skillet that is thick
How To Make Paella at Home
You can make paella with whatever you have in the fridge, whether shrimp, chicken, or vegetables. The flexibility allows you to create a dish that’s just for you. Some like their paella extra saucy, while others like theirs a bit drier.
Fish broth is recommended over chicken broth, although chicken broth also works well. Frozen seafood mix can still work even though fresh seafood is preferred.
You can also use vegetables like cauliflower and carrots to make a vegetarian version. Note that the rice needs to be precooked, but if you have time, you can make your paella in a rice cooker. The rice only needs to be preheated, which makes it a perfect dish to make when you’re short on time.
How to Cook Paella Rice
You can make rice paella at home using the ingredients listed above. The possibilities are endless, and it takes about an hour to complete. It’s a great dish to make on the weekend because you can prep ingredients the day before and refrigerate them until serving. It allows you more time with your family rather than in the kitchen.
- Mince the garlic and dice the tomato with a tiny onion.
- Slice clean calamari, You can purchase peeled shrimp or peel your own.
- Dice the large white fish. Wash the clams and mussels and cut the scallop in half.
- Put each ingredient in a different bowl.
- Place the skillet over medium heat and fill it with chopped tomatoes, onion, and garlic with olive oil. Cook them gently for 8 to 10 minutes, then stir in the rice and calamari, cooking for two more minutes.
- Turn the heat to high. Add the fish broth.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 450.
- Keep the mixture churning.
- Stir the mixture constantly until 75 percent of the broth has evaporated.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven with the pan. Every 7 minutes, rotate the pan in the oven and check.
- The pan is ready to be removed from the oven when the rice turns brown around the pan’s edges, and the broth mostly evaporates.
- The rice should be on top of the seafood, which should cook for 5 to 6 more minutes in the oven. Inspect the mussels and clams to ensure they are cooked and have opened shells.
- After removing the pan from the oven, add some olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Before serving, give the paella a few minutes to rest.
- Add thinly sliced piquillo peppers and fresh peas to the top for color.
Paella is a communal food, meaning everyone gathers around the pan and eats directly from it. Individual portions can be spooned out onto separate plates for service if group dining is not an option.
When you visit our paella restaurant, you’ll be able to enjoy the most refined version of paella you’ve ever had. Our chef will prepare a variety of paellas for you, from traditional paellas to modern takes on the classic dish. You can even create your paella by customizing the ingredients in our paella menu to make one that’s perfect for you. Select your choice of rice, meat, and other components, and our chef will bring your creation to life.